- Have plans of the cart you intend to purchase on hand when you visit your health inspector. This will help both of you to discuss any additional equipment you may need to operate in your area. TDC Manufacturing will also provide you with a complete schematic of your finished cart for use in passing inspection.
- Pay close attention to everything the health inspector says. And take notes! This will make it easier to explain special equipment requirements or questions to your Top Dog Cart consultant. Ask the health inspector for a printed copy of the health codes. This document is free by request.
- If your health inspector has questions you are not comfortable answering, they may contact us directly at 1-888-282-5002. We can also fax any necessary information to them upon request.
- Ask your inspector if there are any restrictions on where you can and cannot vend.
- If you are planning on purchasing add-on equipment such as grills, griddles, deep fryers, ask your inspector about the codes on these items.
As always, if your health inspector asks you any questions you are unsure about, direct them to us.